What personal data we collect
We will collect information, including Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information, when you interact with us and the Site, for example when you:
- access or use the Site;
- register, subscribe, or create an account with Jakomu.com;
- open or respond to our e-mails;
- refer friends, family, or others to Jakomu.com;
- contact customer service or use other customer support tools;
- use products or services provided or offered by our Affiliates or Business Partners;
- visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
- purchase products or services on or through the Site;
- connect or link to any Site via social networking sites;
- post comments to Online Communities; and
- provide information to our Vendors.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the collection of information in any way other than as listed above.
What is done with your personal information?
User data collected helps us to personalize our website according to each user wishes and preferences. Data collected are for statistical purposes only and help us to:
- Process orders
- Deliver products and services
- Process payments and communicate with you about your orders, products, services and promotional offers
- Keep and update our database and your accounts with us
- Propose a unique and targeted navigation experience
- Prevent and detect fraud and abuse on our website
By completing an order or signing up, you agree to receive
- Emails associated with finalizing your order, which may contain relevant offers from third parties.
- Emails asking you to review Jakomu and your purchase.
- Promotional emails, SMS and push notifications from Jakomu.
You may unsubscribe from promotional emails via a link provided in each mail. If you would like us to remove your personal information from our database, unsubscribe from emails and/or SMS, please email Customer Service .
What about Cookies?
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Who we share your data with
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How we protect your data
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.